Anthem recently released their 2018 Anthem Specialty Broker Guide with information regarding Anthem dental, vision, life, and disability for groups with 2–100 employees.
Anthem Blue View Vision large group (51+) employer-paid and voluntary vision plans will be updated for new business and current plans with effective or renewing dates of July 1, 2018, and after.
Enhanced coordination between medical and ancillary coverages, more wellness packages, EOB updates, HSA banking changes. Get updates on their products and services for groups with 51-99 and 100+ with the attached webinar. Learn all about better products and new capabilities that will be available to most renewing groups and new business, including:
- Products and programs for employer groups with 51-99 and 100+ enrolled employees
- Clinical packages to support employer groups at every level
- Act Wise, new consumer-driven plans
- Anthem Engage, a digital assistant that gives members guidance and support in real time
Anthem announces increased the maximum savings offered through One Solution Savings for large groups 51+. The vision discount has been increased to 1 percent (previously .5 percent) and the total allowable savings to 4 percent.
Contact your Cornerstone representative for more information.
Effective April 15, 2018, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield has added Highland District Hospital to their Anthem Medicare Advantage (HMO and PPO) network.
Contact your Cornerstone representative for additional details.
Open Enrollment Announcement
March 26, 2018, through April 30, 2018
Great news! We have once again secured a rate hold on the Anthem Cornerstone Vision Plan with the rates now expiring on 03/31/2021. Any group currently enrolled with Anthem Cornerstone Vision Plan Group #172197 is approaching the open enrollment period. Any enrollees added between March 26, 2018, and April 30, 2018, will become effective on the vision plan April 1, 2018.
How to enroll employees on to the vision plan:
1. Employer Access Website
- Online Employer Access is available to add, change, or delete employees—please see attached flyer for set up instructions.
- When adding enrollees online please select the correct vision plan. See attached vision rate sheet to confirm the vision plan.
2. Fax Application to 1-513-629-9151
**Make sure to include the group number and the 4-digit sub group number (Ex: 172197-0087)
This is a reminder to brokers with clients in the Anthem SOCA MEWA.
Remember that this plan has chamber dues billed separately from premiums as a requirement to participate in the plan. A separate invoice is billed once a year upon installment and then each renewal. The SOCA Benefit Plan renews each May. The SOCA BP is receiving many calls from new groups asking about the invoice and why they owe this fee. It is important the group is aware of these dues prior to receiving the invoice. (I’m sure many of them forget or don’t realize it is separate from premiums.)
Please remind your clients in the Anthem SOCA MEWA about the $4 PEPM invoice due upon installation and at renewal. For new groups, the amount is based on the number of employees enrolling in the plan the $4 PEPM rate will be prorated to the 5/1 renewal date. Billing is sent direct to groups from the SOCA BP within three weeks of a new installation effective date. Then, at renewal, the SOCA MEWA reviews enrollment and bills the annual fee. This year, the billing will go out around the third week in May. Product dues are invoiced separate from health plan premiums but must be paid by the Participating Business, in full, within thirty (30) days of receiving the invoice.
Payments can be mailed (payable to the Southern Ohio Chamber Alliance), phoned, or paid online. For online payment groups may visit www.joinsoca.com and then click on the button that says “Pay Product Dues”. Once they are on the landing page, they simply enter the name of their organization, the invoice number, and the amount of payment.
Failure to comply with the Plan’s rules and requirements may result in the Participating Business being terminated from the Plan.
Small group and individual Anthem members enrolled in ACA plans now have the option to choose electronic ID cards without receiving an additional hard copy. Members can view their electronic ID card on the Anthem Anywhere mobile app, even without internet connection. The electronic ID card adds the convenience of emailing or faxing a copy of the ID to a provider.
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.
Anthem Specialty announced its 2018 bonus program for new and renewing cases with effective dates between February 1, 2018, and January 31, 2019. Click here to learn more.
Great News for Brokers in Ohio!
The more you sell, the more you earn with Anthem’s Medicare Supplement Sales Bonus Program!
Now YOU have a new opportunity to earn even more on EVERY Medicare Supplement Plan you SELL!
New, short-term incentives have just been announced for brokers who sell Anthem’s Medicare Supplement plans! Don’t miss out on this limited time opportunity to earn more when you sell Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plans with 3/1/2018 effective dates!*
How Does it Work?
- If you sell 3 approved Medicare Supplement policies you’ll receive an additional $100 bonus per sale!
- But if you sell 5 or more approved Medicare Supplement policies you’ll receive an additional $150 bonus per sale!
EXAMPLE: If you sell 3 Medicare Supplement policy in a month with a qualifying effective date of 1/1/2018 you’ll earn a $300 bonus (3× $100)! But if you sell 5 plan policies, you’ll earn $750 (5× $150)!
- All per sale bonus amounts are in addition to the standard broker compensation.
Your current and prospective clients can benefit from these money-saving options on every Anthem plan:
- A 5% discount on each policy if there is more than one Medicare Supplement policy written in a household with a coverage date of June 1, 2010 or after.
- Receive $2 off their monthly premium simply by enrolling in automatic electronic premium payments—a savings of $24 annually. Save $48 by paying their premium for the entire year.
- There are even greater savings for your clients when you help them combine discounts (based on eligibility).
While your clients are saving money, they can also stay healthy by taking advantage of the SilverSneakers Fitness Program, which offers eligible Modernized Anthem Medicare Supplement members a Basic Membership with access to over 13,000 locations nationwide—at no extra cost!**
So don’t wait! It’s time to take advantage of this limited time opportunity to make more money selling Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicare Supplement Plans!
Questions? Contact your Cornerstone representative today.
* This incentive is limited to new enrollees only-and based upon approval of the policy. All incentives will be paid within ninety days of the end of the bonus period. Anthem reserves the right to make all rules and determinations regarding the bonus program and may modify or eliminate the program at any time without notice. For more detailed information on the bonus program, please contact your Regional Sales Manager.
**SilverSneakers is a value-added program. It is not insurance and not part of the Medicare Supplement insurance plans. It can be changed or withdrawn at any time.