Empowering Employees and Creating Pathways to Success
Cornerstone has been named a Top Workplace by The Cincinnati Enquirer for eight consecutive years. It’s our employees who have made this accomplishment possible. Joining Cornerstone means working alongside enthusiastic, hands-on, and motivated people who are passionate about our mission.
Cornerstone is continuously looking for energetic and motivated individuals to join our diverse, growing team. If that sounds like you, then apply below!
What Our Employees Have to Say
“Cornerstone has been a rock solid place to work over the years.”
— Geoff Beglen (employee since 2006)
“At Cornerstone, each employee is given a voice. Everyone is important in building the company’s legacy.””
— Jess Larkin (employee since 2016)
“Cornerstone is an incredible place to work (it’s no wonder we’re a Top Workplace)!”
— Sandy Weber (employee since 2008)
Benefits are more than just medical and retirement plans; they are supporting the overall well being of our team, inside and outside of work. We have made it our mission to help our employees and their families achieve life-long well being with a strong benefits package that includes premium medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, and more.
Looking for your next challenge? Join the Cornerstone family! Apply today for one of the positions below or submit your application for future consideration.
There are no open positions available at this time, but you are still welcome to submit your application for consideration below!
Benefits Consultant (Any location)
Our Benefits Consultant is responsible for driving positive revenue results from various new agency opportunities through current initiatives and future new business development and expansion opportunities as well as the management and retention of a block of business for a select group clients.
- Support and assist in the continued development of Company culture, goals, initiatives and growth objectives.
- Develop a steady stream of sales prospects by contacting referrals, making outbound telephone calls and spending time in assigned territory contacting potential clients in person.
- To generate prospective referrals, establish new partnerships and relationships in the community – other carriers, health agents, P&C, life, financial planners, accountants, chambers, trade organizations, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all compliance and legislative guidelines. Apply these to all aspects of the group sales process and administration to reduce the risk of personal and company exposure to Errors and Omissions claims.
- Develop and utilize a lead tracking system to maintain accurate records of leads and call backs.
- Successfully close new business deals by coordinating details, developing sales strategies and presenting needs based solutions.
- Successfully manage and accurately document in AGB the sales process leading to smooth transition (as needed) to the Client Relations Advisor who will perform all day to day administrative and renewal functions.
- Manage and retain a specific book of business to include: build and maintain long-term relationships, pre-renewal meetings with clients 120 days prior to renewal to capture updated census data and discuss/review benefits, goals, budgets, etc.
- Communicate with all Client Relations Advisors and Client Relations Specialist (service) establishing clear guidelines the Benefits Consultants are needed to assist in any renewals or service related items.
- Foster and grow the relationship with general agency partner, Cornerstone. Follow the procedures and guidelines set forth by Cornerstone for all top agency partners.
- Use working knowledge of group market to mentor new Benefits Consultants and Client Relations Advisors on tips to add lines of business and generate referrals/ prospects.
- Work with executive staff to create sales goals and monitor progress.
- Maintain relationships with client base as needed resulting in satisfaction and retention.
- Join and partner in recurring networking groups as well as partnerships with entrepreneurial groups to provide benefit information and general referrals.
- Explore block transfer agreements with new partnerships. Communicate all leads to Vice President for management and closure.
- Work with executive staff on partnerships with medical carriers for co-op advertising opportunities to assist in the expansion of current geographical footprint as well as manage carrier driven leads.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years Employee Benefits experience or relevant work experience
- Proven track record of sustaining positive client relationships
- Exceptional communication
- Organizational and presentation skills
- Familiarity with hosting group discussions and training on various platforms
Specialized knowledge, licenses, designations, etc.:
- Must have current life and health licenses.
Work Location: Any location
Client Relations Advisor – Account Manager (Any location)
Our Client Relations Advisor is responsible for the management and retention of a block of business for a select group of clients. This role is also responsible for growing the block of business through cross-selling opportunities and prospective new client referrals. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of legislative issues and has an active Life and Health license.
- Assists in the retention efforts of a specific book of business to include: build and maintain long-term relationships, pre-renewal meetings with clients to capture updated census data and discuss/review benefits, goals, budgets, etc.
- Initiate and follow up on quote activity for specified renewing book of business.
- Coordinate with Broker Advisor on the current benefit offerings/rates versus renewal benefit offerings /rates, rate negotiations with carriers if applicable, and determine benefit recommendations for client including recommendations for adding lines of coverage.
- Provide, as needed, a spreadsheet of renewal options.
- Present recommendations to clients.
- Provide or assist with employee education and enrollment meetings.
- Offer Value added benefits that might be advantageous to the client and their organization.
- Provide on-going support and meetings throughout the year including compliance reviews.
- Coordinates sold cases and assists with on-boarding new clients.
- Develops working knowledge of all aspects of the small group market including insurance products and learn our services.
- Completes ongoing product and industry specific training.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 3-5 years of direct insurance experience, preferably in account management.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Adaptable to change
Specialized knowledge, licenses, designations, etc.:
- Must have active and current Life and Health insurance licenses.
- Strong understanding of legislative issues.
- Proven experience using Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe and PowerPoint.
- Client Management Data Base System experiences a plus.
Work Location: Cincinnati, OH
Sales Support Coordinator (Cincinnati, OH)
The Sales Support Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Top Tier Producers in the Client Services Unit with marketing, sales and service calls, detailed quoting and pre-sale research, and maintaining a familiarity with carrier relations procedures and team communications.
- Provide detailed quoting and pre-sale research in a timely manner to top tier producers
- Manage incoming sales/service calls with timely response and resolution to broker service issues/problems
- Assist in calendar/phone management including returning phone calls and scheduling phone appointments
- Updated tasks for all client/policy activity in AGB
- Be familiar with carrier sales procedures, carrier service procedures and carrier billing/enrollment/membership procedures
- Excellent communication skills; work/communicate well with team members and Group Benefits ARC staff
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of AGB including reporting, filtering, sorting, etc.
- Participate in carrier product training as needed
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-2 years data entry, customer service or insurance experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong data entry and computer skills a must
- Ability to problem solve
- Good listener
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- Timely and accurate responses to questions from prospects, clients and agents a must
Specialized knowledge, licenses, designations, etc.*:
- Must have active and current Life and Health insurance licenses
- AHIP Certification is not necessary
Work Location: Cincinnati, OH