UnitedHealthcare’s Start Healthier Health and Wellness Program
UHC’s Start Healthier suite of health and wellness programs, which were developed to help brokers, employers, and customers better understand their health and wellness offerings, are available through fully insured medical plans.
- Healthier Rewards – Personalized health recommendations and rewards for fitness, improving a diet, going to the gym and more.
- Healthier Choices – Strategies to help with personal goals such as weight loss or quitting smoking.
- Healthier Families – Maternity support before, during and after pregnancy.
- Healthier Support – Easier access to support resources for wellness, emotional health, well-being, financial, legal and other needs.
The Impact of HSA Deductible Changes
Because the IRS increased the minimum deductible for qualified High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP) eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA) to $1,400/$2,800 for individual/family deductibles or $2,800 for an embedded deductible, UHC has updated their plans with the following changes:
- Most plans will make the change on their renewal in 2020.
- Grandfathered and Transitional Relief plans will be changed on Jan. 1, 2020. This will ensure compliance with the IRS standard going forward.
UHC Offers HPV Vaccine at No Cost for Members Aged 9 to 45
UnitedHealthcare recently announced that the vaccine recommended to prevent certain strains of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) will be available to members aged 9 to 45 at no cost under their medical plans.
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.