Anthem will no long mail paper explanation of benefits (EOB) to clients for vision services.
- At the time of service, members will get a receipt that shows their costs for vision services, similar to what they experience when they pick up a prescription at a drugstore.
- When they get vision care outside their plan network, they’ll still get a breakdown of costs and what they pay, along with any reimbursement check.
- At any time, members can go online to anthem.com and see how their claims were paid.
- And if they want a copy of their EOB sent to them by mail or email, they can simply call the number on their member ID card and ask for it.
The redesigned Anthem Anywhere app enables clients to access their health plan information from their mobile device. A couple improvements on the app:
- A new home page dashboard gives members quick access to key information, like benefits and claims — plus a quick snapshot of what they’ve spent so far.
- Quick ID card access from home page.
- One tap directs members from home page to sections on finding care and estimating costs.
- Easier to check and update profile information.
- Easy access to other health apps, like Engage, where applicable.
Starting April 22, LiveHealth Online kicks off two campaigns to increase overall registration and to raise awareness about the LiveHealth Online Allergy practice. Among members already registered for the app, the allergy campaign targets some with and without past allergy claims, just to remind them how the allergy practice can help.
The registration campaign is a series of communications (emails, phone calls and a direct mail piece) going to group members, encouraging them to register for LiveHealth Online. The campaign targets members 18 years or older, who have not already registered for LiveHealth Online. Anyone who creates a LiveHealth Online account during the campaign is entered in a chance to win a $500 Amazon gift card.
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.