Small and Large Group Updates
- In order to effectively communicate with their members, Humana will be requiring email addresses for all new members. Please make sure to include them in your new case submissions.
- Humana has extended their current bonus programs into 2021:
Large Group Updates
- Due to Ohio SB 9, Humana will now require claims experience when quoting groups with over 100 eligible employee but under 100 enrolled.
- Virta, a new Type 2 diabetes solution for 100+ self-funded groups, will be available for quoting beginning August 1, 2021, for a January 1, 2022, effective date. Virta’s innovative, research-backed treatment can help members reverse Type 2 diabetes and has been proven to lower pharmacy spend as members reduce and/or eliminate diabetes-specific medications. Virta can also help reduce the high-cost exposure associated with Type 2 diabetes and improve the health and productivity of employees. Employers can opt-in to offer Virta and are billed only for the members who participate in the program.
- ePlanCompass, Humana’s online reporting and analytics tool, will soon be replaced by Humana Smart Insights – a new and improved business intelligence platform. ePlanCompass will be available through August 6, 2021, but continue to include only data through February 2021. =
Small Group Updates
- Humana’s Level Funded Premium (LFP) product portfolio is expanding! They are adding 31 additional plan options to their LFP portfolio for September 1, 2021, and later effective dates. You will start to see these plans on your quotes starting August 1, 2021.
A few portfolio highlights include:
- Rx5 Blended benefit design on select Canopy plans (page 5)
- Matching PCP and Specialist copays on select Canopy options
- On Hand options with a copay for in-person office visits
- Copays after the deductible on HDHPs (page 8)
- Richer Simplicity offerings
- Two new copay plan options with $8550 MOOP
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.