Please see the latest info from Dental Care Plus as they work diligently to ease the migration issues that popped up along with some good news on the stability of the DCP Network of Dentists.
- Service lines will now have a dedicated team of people to temporarily assist them (not an employee who works both the Medicaid and Commercial side).
- Temporarily because once they get through fourth quarter, they will be bringing back the “1 point of contact” approach to all things service and account management. All brokers will know exactly who to go to for 1) sales and 2) ALL OTHER help. Behind the scenes, the assigned rep will then manage all tasks performed and communicate back with the agent. No more “black holes”, etc.
- Dependents dropping from eligibility, bills, etc is FIXED.
- The denials that were occurring around crowns, is FIXED as of 10/1.
- Also not mentioned below, they are currently hiring a Dental Director, a member of the ODA and peer to the dentists who will be their communicator and partner for any and all issues. A big problem in the past is that a lot of issues were being resolved but no one was communicating properly to the network. As rumors flew and communication lacked, dentists threatened to leave the network because they assumed they were being ignored. The fix is now back in place.
- The rumor of a “mass exodus” is false. After this week DCP will know exactly who is actually leaving as they must give 60 days notice prior to 1/1 if they intend to leave. Some have announced (or threatened) to leave but DCP has worked diligently with them on their issues and have been successful retaining them.
If you have any questions regarding the recent DCP announcements, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Cornerstone Broker Advisor.