As you may know, Securian is shutting down its dental insurance and not offering renewals to customers. Cornerstone proactively negotiated an arrangement with Principal to match Securian rates and plans with some great value added benefits. This arrangement has been extended to 2/1/2019 effective dates. This is open to any broker who works with Cornerstone and doesn’t impact your commissions!
Anthem AllClear Identity Protection Services Will Expire 12/31
Starting December 21, 2018, Anthem’s AllClear will send email notices to members who were enrolled in AllClear Credit and Identity Theft Monitoring services in 2018. Those members and their dependents who have an active, eligible Anthem medical health plan as of January 1, 2019 can continue with the service at no charge.
Anthem Simplifies the Client Benefit Approval Process
The approval email that you will receive from Anthem will now be written directly to your groups, so you can easily forward it on to them as is.
Download Anthem’s 2019 Calendar
Anthem put together a 2019 calendar that contains information about their specialty products (dental, vision, life, disability, and voluntary supplemental health plans).
Downloadand print the free 2019 calendar for your use, or feel free to share with clients.
Anthem Releases New Health Guides
Starting January 1, 2019, all members in Anthem’s Small Group Affordable Care Act (ACA) health plans will be connected directly to a Health Guide when they call the Member Services number on the back of their ID card. The Health Guides use smart engagement technology and concierge-quality service to help members receive the best personalized experience.
Anthem Launches New Welcome Experience for Small Groups
Anthem is launching a new welcome experience for new small groups sold off the exchange. Using feedback from research, Anthem updated the welcome kit’s content with more customized information about the group’s plan and how to get the most from it. There’s an overview of the medical, pharmacy and any ancillary plans (dental, vision, life, disability), plus important features exclusive to Anthem plans, like Care & Cost Finder, Find a Doctor, Anthem Anywhere and LiveHealth Online.
We just received word that Ambetter will continue to pay commissions year round for ACA business during SEP.
Contact Individual expert Geoff Beglen with any questions.
Humana’s Resources to Understanding the Open Enrollment Period
Now that AEP is over with, you have a few weeks to gear up for Open Enrollment Period beginning January 1, 2019 through March 31, 2019! This is a one-time chance for your MA clients to change plans and it comes with some new regulations of which you should be aware.
If you have any follow up questions in regards to OEP reach out to your Cornerstone Senior Marketing representative!
The combination of CVS Health and Aetna is a transformative moment for Silverscript and the industry. With the combined capabilities of two leading organizations, Silverscript’s goal is to help transform the consumer health experience through a new innovative health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts consumers at the center of their care. In doing so, Silverscript will deliver on their purpose of helping people on their path to better health.
As they bring the two companies together, your clients will continue to work with Silverscript as they do today, and receive the same great products, support and service.
For more senior marketing news, visit the Cornerstone Senior Marketing website!
Reminder: National General short-term sales in Ohio are also available for quoting and enrollment.
Please contact Geoff Beglen with any questions or additional information about short-term sales carrier options in Ohio and Kentucky.
Geoff Beglen | 513-629-9358 | email@example.com
Helpful materials to have available during the meeting include:
- Employer Guide including eligibility changes
- Administrative Services Agreement
- Excess Loss Policy
- Taxes and Fees
- Wellness Capability Overview which includes information on Rally, HealthiestYou and UnitedHealthcare Motion
- All applications must be submitted to the carriers by 11:59 PM on Friday December 7th.
- Electronic submission is preferred!
- When faxing applications to the carriers, you must submit one application at a time and keep your fax confirmation for each app. If an application becomes lost or is not received, you may need your back-up documentation to prove the initial submission date.
Enroll your clients in UnitedHealthcare’s MAPD and Medicare Supplement plans this AEP! Read more below on the great benefits they offer to members.
Top Features of UHC’s MAPD plans:
- Visiting member benefit in 28 states (including Ohio) in the Passport program.
- Offer hearing and vision coverage through their OWN providers: Epic Heath, Hi Health, and Spectara.
- Clients have access to UHC’s Health Products Catalog that saves members money on many personal care items.
- Mail order service and fitness benefit through Optum.
- Robust member support programs like: Navigate for Me, Advocate for Me, and House Calls.
Top Features of UHC’s Med Supp plans:
- Only MS brand with the AARP name
- Stable annual trend increases (less than 3.2 percent each year for over 14 years)
- Lifetime commissions on policies written 5/1/18 and after
- Offers a health and wellness program via Optum
If you have questions or want to get contracted with UHC, please contact your Cornerstone Senior Marketing representative.
The A2Oh! Rewards Program offers three different categories of travel awards from UHC:
- Sapphire: Presented to Level 2 agents who achieve 125+ accepted and paid sales during the qualification period.
- Emerald: Offered to Level 2 agents whose total accepted and paid sales during the qualification period earn them a ranking between 11 and 25 of top performers.
- Diamond: Offered to Level 2 agents whose total accepted and paid sales during the qualification period earn them a ranking between 1 and 10 of top performers.
Contact your Cornerstone Senior Marketing representative with any questions.