Cornerstone agents will receive ACA quotes in an Excel template format with plan design details starting June 1, 2020. There are several reasons for this that we believe our agents will really appreciate:
- Faster turnaround times for ACA quotes and requotes.
- Uses the top 30 most common plans. If the broker wants to establish their own “profile” or designate plans they would prefer, please include them in your request to the proposal mailbox. Remember, new plans are introduced in the fall of each year.
- Automated spreadsheets are pre-filled with 30 of the most common plans with rates in order from least costly to most costly. There is space for the current and renewal plan and rates to be added.
- Links to most Summary of Benefits and Coverage documents through links in the spreadsheet.
Why this change?
- During high-volume times, the carrier systems used to generate official proposals slow down considerably. It can take as long as an hour to generate a single proposal in peak season.
- FormFire invested in a rate validation partner to ensure factors were always correctly calculated.
What if I want to sell an ACA proposal?
- Simply send an email to your normal quote mailbox with “REQUOTE ACA.” If you just want an updated spreadsheet with a new census, just send an email to the proposal mailbox with “Updated Census.”
How will this impact ancillary quotes?
- We will provide rate sheets for groups with two to nine employees since they are readily available from many carriers for dental and vision.
- Groups of 10 or more will be underwritten by the carrier with a potential for greater discounts from rate sheets.
- Please be clear about plan design(s) and features you want quoted.
Cornerstone is proactively looking for ways to improve how you do business across our operations. We welcome your feedback and suggestions. We’re also working on a project to give our agents one-stop access to forms and tools.
Contact your Cornerstone broker advisor with any questions.