Starting January 1, 2022, the ChamberCare Health Alliance MEWA plan will begin partnering with mewa.io and myCobraPlan to offer COBRA services for COBRA-eligible groups. The change will apply to existing MEWA groups and new sales and will be offered at no additional cost.
For the past three weeks, you should have received a weekly email from mewa.io. The communications included many details about the upcoming change. Each weekly email also contained links to the previous communications, in case you missed any. For your convenience, all three communications are below:
- ChamberCare Benefit Plan & Mewa.io Walkthrough Video
- Important Message Regarding the ChamberCare Benefit Plan: Introducing Mewa.io
- ChamberCare Benefit Plan & Mewa.io: Frequently Asked Questions
So you can be on the lookout for the remaining emails, below is the COBRA communication schedule.
- 10/11/21: Broker Mailing 1: Introducing Mewa.io and myCobraPlan for COBRA
- 10/18/21: Broker Mailing 2: Demo Videos
- 10/25/21: Broker Mailing 3: FAQ
- 11/1/21: Email to MEWA employers
- 11/8/21: Broker Portal email – This will detail what actions brokers can take on behalf of employer groups in mewa.io
- 1/3/22: Broker Mailing 4: Program is Live
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.