In case you missed it, UnitedHealthcare presented their 2022 updates for all small group products on a recent Group Corner Webinar. A link to the webinar is below if you would like to review.
Some highlights from the webinar:
- The Ohio Chamber MEWA is using 75% participation after valid waivers. Other UHC products are still on the 50% participation rate.
- The Ohio Chamber offers a first year discount to agents and groups joining the chamber with $100 off.
- UHC is providing medically underwritten quotes for the Ohio Chamber MEWA with a member level census.
Got groups that don’t want to do FormFire? UnitedHealthcare may have an answer for you!
UHC announced during the webinar that they will provide underwritten quotes with a member-level census for groups of 10+ enrolled (that’s enrolled, not eligible) up to 50 ATNE for the Ohio Chamber MEWA and AllSavers’ Level Funded plans. This is available for November 2021 through January 2022 effective dates. Groups must have current coverage in place.
If interested, here’s how you can take advantage of this special offer:
- If the group has completed FormFire, please submit applications instead for the best underwritten rates possible.
- The Cornerstone quote template can be used and sent to the quote mailbox.
- Quote turnaround time is currently 5-8 business days.
- UHC will only underwrite with the census or applications, not both. They won’t flip back and forth.
- UHC will default to quote the MEWA. If you prefer an AllSavers quote or want an AllSavers quote in addition to the MEWA quote, we ask that you please send a separate email with the census attached. Brokers may prefer AllSavers if the group may not be eligible for the MEWA for some reason.
Not yet appointed with UnitedHealthcare? Contact us today to get started.