Delta Dental recently announced their Pandemic Relief Program, which is focused on easing financial burden for clients in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Clients with effective dates of April 1, 2020, or prior, are eligible.
Here are some additional details about the program provided by Delta Dental:
The Pandemic Relief Program consists of the following:
- Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana will credit clients one month of premium (fully insured) or administration fee (ASO). The credit will be reflected on our June invoice and will be based on the actual premium or administration fee calculated within Delta Dental’s billing system for April. Retroactive adjustments will not be considered in determining the credit.
- The credit will be stated in a separate line item on the June invoice.
- If the credit is greater than the amount of the June invoice, the additional credit will be applied to future invoices until the full credit has been exhausted.
- Any retroactivity will still be reflected within the June invoice, just as it is every month.
- This is a one-time credit, there will be no retroactivity refunds reflected on future invoices. For example, if a client adds a new subscriber in August with an effective date of February 1, we will not credit the premium for that subscriber back to the group for the month of April.
Current Rate Extension:
- Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana ASO clients with renewal dates between June 1, 2020, and May 31, 2021, will receive no increase to their current administration rates upon renewal for one year.
- Fully insured clients with renewal dates of June 1, 2020, through May 1, 2021, will experience no change to their current rates at time of renewal for one year.
- Delta Dental will continue to administer clients under a multiyear contract according to the terms of the existing contract.
- If a client has a rate cap provision in place, the current rates will continue forward for a one-year period provided the anniversary date falls between June 1, 2020, and May 1, 2021.
- If you have already received and agreed to a renewal rate that is a decrease from your current rate, for an effective date of June 1, 2020, or later, Delta Dental will honor the renewal offer as yet another gesture of our appreciation of your continued business.
- As always, the account manager is prepared to work with clients on any plan options that they are considering, as well as a multiyear rate proposal if desired.
Delta Dental has also carefully considered how the Pandemic Relief Program will impact their agent partners. As such, Delta Dental will pay commissions associated with the premium credit being offered to their clients.
- The timing of commissions associated with the premium credit will be paid according to their regular commission schedule.
- Commissions will continue to be reflected on the client 5500 report.
- Commissions will also be paid on ASO groups on the administration fee portion only, based on the April invoiced enrollment. Commissions on claims, if applicable, will continue to be paid per their normal schedule.
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.