Effective November 1, 2021, dental waiting periods are being eliminated on all new and existing employer-sponsored Humana groups with 5+ enrolled who meet certain criteria (below). This change in policy will position Humana more competitively and promote improved retention on existing business.
No waiting periods criteria:
- Group size is 5+ enrolled
- Groups currently enrolled (still in their waiting periods) and new business (in the process of enrolling) in a 2019 generation dental plan
- New business with an effective date of November 1, 2021, and beyond who are enrolling in a 2019 generation dental plan
This change does NOT apply to:
- Late applicants waiting periods
- Voluntary groups
- Groups with 2 to 4 enrolled
- Groups currently enrolled or enrolling in any dental plan except generation 2019
Benefit summaries, plan materials, marketing materials, and Mentor are in the process of being updated by the November 1, 2021, effective date. Due to the short timeframe of the change in waiting periods, some resources may not be ready in time.
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.