Medical Mutual recently announced that, effective July 1, 2020, Walmart and Sam’s Club will join VSP’s Choice network as retail providers. Also on July 1, groups and members who don’t currently have retail (i.e. COSE groups) and all new business will have access to retail providers as in-network options, including VisionWorks, Costco, Walmart, Sam’s Club, and Pearle Vision locations nationwide. This applies to individual, small group, 51 to 99, 100+, and MEWA clients.
In addition, Medical Mutual announced that, effective June 2020, and continuing through early fourth quarter of 2020, they are going to transition a majority of the approximately 9,750 members currently engaged in Optum’s telephonic Disease Management program to one of the following programs, depending n the member’s needs:
- Digital health coaching through Lark Health
- Automated self-monitoring and survey programs through Emmi Solutions
- Medical Mutual CQHS telephonic chronic condition management
- Medical Mutual CQHS complex case management
- More advanced home monitoring through our regional health system partners
These changes apply to any group that is currently enrolled in our Chronic Condition Management program.
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.