Plan Enhancement – Dependent Age – 26
As of January 1st, 2022, the Dental Care Plus Group will roll out a new plan enhancement that will allow all dependents to stay enrolled on their policies without requiring student status verification to age 26. This coverage will be active through the end of the birth month in which the dependent turns age 26.
This enhancement does not impact your current rates and will automatically be applied to your clients’ benefit offering as of January 1, 2022.
DCPG is implementing this enhancement in an effort to:
- Simplify the administration of plans by aligning with most medical plans,
- Making it easier for employees by removing the requirement for verifying student status, and
- Extending coverage for dependents at no additional expense.
What you need to do next:
- Dependents currently active on the plan will remain on the plan.
- Any dependents not currently active on the plan need to be re-enrolled via the channels listed below.
- Distribute this addendum to all eligible employees.
For EDI Groups:
- Please communicate this change to your third-party administrator. If you or your vendor have any questions, please contact Kaylyn Kaeding at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additionally, if your third-party vendor continues to populate the student flag in the EDI file, DCPG will continue to cover those dependents through the end of the birth month in which the dependent turns age 26.
For Standard Enrollment Groups:
- Changes can be submitted with an enrollment form/change order form for an effective date of 1/1/2022, OR
- Enroll new dependents via the employer portal with an effective date of 1/1/2022.
For All Groups:
- DCPG recommends employers speak with their HR consultants and other experts regarding offering a special enrollment period to ensure employees are aware of this enhanced benefit.
Please note, DCPG will continue to enroll dependents on the effective date provided by you.
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.