You may have recently received a series of messages from MEWA.io, a digital MEWA management system, highlighting Anthem’s SOCA BP Medicare and Cobra administration. MEWA.io will help to simplify the administration processes and maintain compliance to ERISA.
This system will manage the Medicare Small Employer Exception process with CMS for groups under 20 with members turning 65 years old. It will also streamline confirming required information with the employer on a recently termed employee prior to sending a COBRA or state continuation notice. These were both functions that were previously happening behind the scenes.
With MEWA.io, groups are getting a new, more efficient experience! Below is a link to a quick video from Anthem, which gives you an inside look into the new system. Cornerstone has highlighted some of the new features below.
MEWA.io will be launching June 8, 2020, for Anthem SOCA BP groups.
MEWA.io is designed to simplify administration, maintain compliance with ERISA, and keep plan costs down—all at no cost to the group.
Coordination of Coverage
- When a plan participant terms coverage, an email is generated to the employer to verify the information on file, which can be verified with single click.
- If changes need to be made, they can click on a link and make the changes right there if needed. In the case of multiple term records for a month, they can do this all at once. Once complete, MEWA.io will send continuation information to plan participant.
Medicare Eligible Employees
- By default, Medicare is secondary.
- If your group is fewer than 20, your group can use the exception request.
- io will notify employers via email when a member becomes eligible.
- Employers complete the forms and sign digitally. Plan administrators will confirm, countersign, and submit to CMS.
- Anytime an employer signs a form using MEWA.io, and the document will be stored in document center.
- Other documents to be stored will include the MEWA agreement, MEWA information, SPD, etc.
Click here to access the walk through: https://mewa.io/soca/employer-walkthrough-email/#video
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.