Fifth Third Transition to HealthEquity
Navia previously communicated that Fifth Third Bank would be resigning as the custodian of the HSA program and naming Optum Bank as successor custodian. However, this transfer in custodianship of the HSA has changed.
- The new successor custodian of your HSA will be HealthEquity Inc. (“HealthEquity”).
- The effective date of this transfer is September 29, 2021.
- As of September 17, 2021, HSA owners will no longer be able to access funds from the Fifth Third HSA or use it to make scheduled, automatic payments as the routing and account number for the HSAs will change.
- No action is required from HSA owners to make this transfer to HealthEquity.
- Fifth Third intends to send HSA balances, including any investment amounts post liquidation, to HealthEquity on September 29, 2021.
Click here to view the HSA owner communication (including key dates on the last page) scheduled for August 20, 2021.
Click here to view transition talking points.
Contact your Cornerstone representative with any questions.