The following information was originally released by Healthcare.gov.
CMS provides additional support to agents and brokers who are assisting their clients with a complex Marketplace application or enrollment issue. Consumer-specific complex cases are cases where a consumer has submitted an application for coverage and requires assistance in making a change to their application, plan coverage, reported income, and/or making profile updates.
In this situation, you must first attempt to resolve the case by contacting either the Marketplace Call Center or the Enhanced Direct Enrollment (EDE) partner if you are assisting a consumer using an EDE partner’s website.
If you are unsuccessful in resolving the case with the Marketplace Call Center or the EDE partner and still require assistance, you should contact the FFM Agent/Broker Email Help Desk (FFMProducer-AssisterHelpDesk@cms.hhs.gov) and provide the following information:
- Full name, email address, and phone number of the agent or broker assisting the consumer
- The consumer’s Marketplace application ID
- The state in which the consumer resides
- Summary of the case and what you are requesting
- Whether the case is medically urgent (and if so, when a response is needed)
- Indicate that you have already called the Marketplace Call Center or partner and provide the date of the call
If you have already attempted to resolve the case in another way such as an appeal or Health Insurance Casework System (HICS) case, please provide the Issuer or Marketplace appeal number or HICS case number assigned to the case.
The Help Desk will refer the information you provide to representatives from our Complex Case Help Center (CCHC) so they can respond to your issue. A member of the CCHC team will contact you via phone for additional information or to communicate the outcome of the case.
Check out this resource on the help desks available to agents and brokers, the types of inquiries handled, contact information, and hours of operation.