As a response to the challenges presented by COVID-19, Anthem will provide premium-equivalent credits the MEWA benefit plan sponsor groups based on April 2020 medical invoices. If groups also have dental Fully Insured coverage with Anthem, they will receive a premium credit on that as well.
The groups will either see the credit on their August 2020 invoice (issued in July 2020) or receive a check for:
- 10% of the April premium-equivalent for medical plans
- 50% of the April premium bill for dental plans (if applicable)
Anthem is working to avoid negative impact to broker commissions.
MEWA sponsors issuing the credits include:
- Southern Ohio Chamber Alliance (SOCA) Benefit Plan
- Missouri Chamber Benefit Plan
- Georgia Chamber SMART Plans and Georgia FARM Plans
- ChamberAdvantage (Kentucky)
- ChamberCare Health Alliance (Indiana)