UnitedHealth Group recently announced more than $1.5 billion in asistance and premium support to customers. These measures build upon UHC’s ongoing efforts to address COVID-19 challenges by expanding coverage, supporting the health care system, protecting the health care work force and assisting those most affected by the pandemic.
For UnitedHealthcare fully insured customers, premium relief will be available and they have recently received the following guidance:
- The premium credit will equate to roughly 10 percent of the May 2020 fully insured medical invoice and will be reflected on the July 2020 invoice (typically issued mid-June).
- *Credit percentage amount is State specific, if you have groups outside of Ohio the amount may be different
- *Credit does not apply to All Savers or MEWA groups
- Customers with fully insured dental coverage will receive a premium credit of roughly 50 percent of your May 2020 dental invoice, and the timing of the credit will align with medical.
- Ohio Chamber MEWA groups will receive the benefit of the premium credit and received information regarding the program in their July bills. UHC has automatically applied a one-time 10 percent credit off of their medical, and 50 percent off dental, to the July 2020 invoice. The credit is part of UHC’s COVID-19 related premium forgiveness program which was calculated based on a percentage of your May premium. If you have questions related to this credit, please contact your billing or service representative or contact the Ohio Chamber directly for additional information.
Note that you do not need to take any action to receive the credit, as it will be automatically applied to your July invoice. The credit will be presented as a single line item with a note indicating what it is for. In some instances, where the billing system is unable to include a line item note, the credit will be included in the balance due and communicated via email or other means.
Please contact your Cornerstone broker advisor with any additional questions.