UnitedHealthcare has extended its member level census underwriting (GRa) through May 1, 2022. Underwriting is for groups with at least 10 enrolling employees who have current coverage (virgin groups excluded). FormFire and paper applications are also accepted.
Additionally, UnitedHealthcare released the following updates regarding the Ohio Chamber MEWA and Level Funded:
Ohio Chamber MEWA Enhancements
- Participation is now 75 percent of net eligible employees (excludes valid waivers)
- $30 PEPM on all groups
- Simplified MEWA portfolio of 10 pPlans
- Robust MEWA value adds, including Motion, Real Appeal, Rally, EAP, Quit for Life, Apple Fitness+, Peloton Membership, and Virtual Visits.
- Note: The Ohio Chamber MEWA is most competitive with groups on the low end of the risk spectrum. UnitedHealthcare recommends utilizing GRa to shop those groups that otherwise wouldn’t be going to market.
UnitedHealthcare Level Funded Enhancements
- All the benefits of self-funding without the risk: 50/50 surplus split and robust monthly group level reporting
- New and improved member experience: Members now have access to myuhc.com and the UnitedHealthcare App
- Robust wellness on every plan: Motion, Real Appeal, HealthiestYou
- Commission can be set to any amount
- Larger plan portfolio: Variety of plan designs to fit your groups needs